since cupcakes have really taken off in the last few years the amount of cupcake baking supplies has too. there are so many options i find it overwhelming and hard to know what's best. after many years of cupcake baking i've had my fair share of trying anything and everything. i decided to share my ten picks for best cupcake baking supplies.
4. ateco flower + leaf cutter set - there are million sets of cutters out there. i like this one best because of the size of the flowers and leaves. you get a bunch of option and they all fit neatly in this little tin.
6. kitchen aid mixer - now this is a little bit more of an investment but i love mine. i've had it for over 10 years and it works just as good as it did the day i got it. if you don't have, i highly recomend investing in one.
7. guittard semisweet chocolate chips - i've tried baking with a lot of chocolate chips and these are the best. they really took my chocolate frosting recipe to the next level. plus the color these chips make the frosting is the color you want your chocolate frosting to have. it's just a little bit lighter than normal. really beatuiful!
8. wilton decorating bags - pastry bags come in many different sizes. my favorite size are the 16-18" versions. i go back and forth between one-time and reusable versions. the reusable versions get gross really quickly but i think the key is the bigger the better.
9. gel food coloring - gel food coloring is a lot better to use than liquid food coloring because you can really control the amount of color you add to frosting or fondant.
10. the best icing kit - i get questions about my favorite icing all the time. i love this kit from bake it pretty. it isn't expensive and works great. bake it pretty has tons of other great cupcake making supplies too.
see more cupcake posts here.